Monday, January 9, 2017

Getting ready to post again


It's been over a month since I last posted. Last month life was going on as normal (or as normal as it was for me). I was creating art and taking care of my husband with his health issues. We celebrated Thanksgiving with the whole family at our house.

Then life changed. My husband's health went downhill rapidly. The hospice nurses who had been helping me take care of him at home, recommended transferring him to the hospice facility so they could manage his pain better. That was on a Monday. On Wednesday, Dec 14th, he passed away. The family was all around him and as they promised, his pain was managed so the ending was peaceful.

Everything since then has been like Alice going through the looking glass. It's a whole different world. We had a memorial service that I feel properly honored his life. Many friends and associates came and had wonderful things to say about their memories of him. My family and friends have been very supportive of me. It's only been this past weekend that I've finally been alone in my house.

The quiet in my house is soooo quiet. I had gotten accustomed to the constant hum of the oxygen machine for my husband so when that was taken away it seemed strange. I got a humidifier going in my bedroom and the noise that it makes is oddly comforting.

Artistically I've been in a funk. Occasionally I'll doodle on the edge of a piece of paper, but I haven't really been able to focus enough to really get something done. I'm hopeful that will change soon so please bear with me until that time comes.

The piece that is shown above is one that I did a while back. My husband told me it was one of his favorites so I posted it here for him. It's a color stack that uses several different colored tiles that go from 6"x6" down to 2"x2".

I'll  miss you Ed.


8 comments:

  1. So, so sorry to hear your sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sorry for your loss.....2017 will be a better year! Just take your time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, may you find solace among friends and in the quiet pursuit of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. My husband passed away in May 2013 and I remember how "quiet" the quiet was once the oxygen machine was gone. I'll be lifting you in prayer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest condolences to you upon the passing of your husband. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sincere condolences with the passing of your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't let anyone tell you not to cry or not to grieve. Do that as you feel you want to. Everything will not be ok but time will heal the hole in your heart and the sun will shine bright anew. This is a new life you embark on, many things will be better, some things will not. May God embrace at this time and bless you with His strength.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. It was a lovely tribute to your hubby to post his favorite piece.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.